Archive Mode. Call Yountville Art Walk ended on 12/31/22, 6:00 PM. Call settings are read only. See Current Open Calls
Terms & Conditions
Yountville Art Walk Terms and Conditions
ABOUT THE ART WALK
Nestled in the heart of the Napa Valley, Yountville’s perfectly walkable one-mile main street features world-renowned restaurants, over a dozen wine tasting rooms and exclusive high-end hotels, as well as shopping, galleries and best of all, a beautiful collection of public art.
The Yountville Art Walk program is designed to promote the Town’s pedestrian-friendly atmosphere with a collection of outdoor public art that includes approximately 35 sculptures.
The Art Walk is always open to sculpture entries. We offer a $2500 stipend to assist with costs and ask for a two-year loan agreement for each piece. Our rotation of sculptures provides our guests and visitors with an ever-changing Art Walk experience throughout the tourist section of our town.
Yountville Arts Commission’s Mission Statement reads;
“To provide vision, leadership, inspiration and support for artists and their art in Yountville, creating a bridge that links artists, community, visitors, business and government.”
Our Mission Statement formalizes our goal of supporting the artist. Each piece on loan to the town for the Art Walk is for sale and promoted through our Art Walk map, social media, a new QR code accessible Audio Tour, and press releases for new works. Since its inception in 2009, 20 of the sculptures placed on the Art Walk have sold.
Our Staff and Commissioners are trained salespeople who love your art, work well with clients and want you to succeed on our Art Walk. Yountville Arts takes only a 20% commission on a sale, which benefits our many public and community art programs.
The Yountville Art Walk offers artists superbly visible locations, enabling them to reach a variety of potential clients on a daily basis. Over 5,000 visitors per day walk through town and enjoy all Yountville has to offer including the Art Walk.
How to Apply
- Artists must include a description of each submitted work including dimensions, weight, title, and medium, date of construction, cleaning and maintenance instructions and sales price.
- Completed artworks are preferred. If conceptual sculptures are proposed, the selection committee must be offered design drawings and in-progress photos and will have the option of refusing the completed work if it is not delivered as described.
- Sculptures will be selected on the basis of their artistic merit, artistic context, maintainability, safety and suitability for public display.
- Artists that are selected to participate in the Art Walk will be offered a stipend of $2,500 to assist with transportation and installation expenses. Payment will be made upon the successful installation of the sculpture.
- All artwork selected for the Art Walk will be insured by the Town of Yountville.
We have approximately 23 rotating sculpture sites throughout the town, located along Washington and Yount Streets. All of the sites are visible from the sidewalk or from the walking path if located in a park. Existing concrete pads vary in size from 4’ x 4’ to 6’ x 6’.
- The footprint of the sculpture must be smaller than the pad.
- The sculpture must be able to be securely anchored to the concrete pad with bolts provided by the artist.
- Artwork must weigh no more than 2,000 pounds.
- Any projections beyond the perimeter of the pad must occur at a minimum of 7’ above the ground.
- Sculptures must be structurally safe for display in public and must not have the potential to cause injury. All components must be securely fastened.
- Sculptures must arrive in the same condition as portrayed in the photographs. The commission reserves the right to refuse a sculpture upon arrival if it does not match the photographs submitted.
This call has agreed to ArtCall.org Terms & Conditions